- What is a gene and where do we find them?
- What are alleles? What are haplotypes?
- What modes of inheritance do dog breeders need to understand, including the basic simple recessive and dominant, but also covering polygenic, sex-linked, and genes with incomplete penetrance and variable expression.
- What does heritability mean for us?
This webinar is included in the Avidog Breeder College Platinum Membership.
HOW AVIDOG WEBINARS WORK
- Your Avidog University Student Login Details, which provides your login info for student dashboard
- an email with the information you need to register for and login to the Zoom webinar. This one takes a little longer to arrive but should be there shortly.
If you don’t see these emails in your inbox, check your SPAM or Junk folder. If you can’t find them anywhere, drop us a note at email@example.com.
- Register for the webinar prior to its start time. You may need to download a small program from Zoom. Don’t worry, it’s very safe! You can register any time prior to the webinar so do it early! For more details about using Zoom, check out this video.
- We’ll open the webinar room about 5 minutes prior to the start so we can all check our computers, audio and video. But don’t worry if you arrive late, you can still join in.
- You will be muted during the presentation but we’ll have a live question and answer (Q&A) session at the end of the webinar and sometimes in the middle. If you have a webcam, you can leave your video on or off.
- Webinars usually last 90 minutes, including a live question and answer session.
- After the webinar, you will be notified via email when the recordings and resources are posted in Avidog University.
WEBINAR FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs)
- What happens if I can’t make the live webinar? Don’t worry, all webinars are recorded. You will have access to the videotape of the webinar, plus any resources for the webinar, on the Avidog University site within about 1 week of the webinar. You will receive an email telling you when the recording is up.
- What equipment do I need to join the webinar? You can join the webinar from your phone, tablet or Internet-connected computer. You will need a microphone on your computer or tablet in order to ask questions of the presenters.If you are using a traditional or cellular telephone, you will be responsible for any charges and fees. Zoom has many dial-in numbers but some may be long distance so charges may apply. If you are a US resident, the email will give you dial-in numbers. Dial-in numbers for attendees outside the US can be found here.
- Will I be able to purchase the webinar afterwards? Yes, all Avidog webinars are recorded and available for sale afterwards from our website. Your purchase will give you access to the recorded webinar and any resources that may have been provided during or after the event.
- Can I get a refund since I couldn’t make the webinar? There are no refunds for webinars but you will be able to watch the webinar afterwards on the Avidog University site within about 48 hours of the webinar. If you registered for the webinar, you will receive an email telling you when the recording is up.
- How long will the webinar be available to me? You will have access to the webinar page, including the recordings, for a year.
- What is the For Breeders, By Breeders series? This series of webinars and courses presents pertinent information to dog breeders so they can best manage their dogs, breedings, puppies and owners. We cut through the scientific jargon and focus on what breeders can do to be the most successful possible!
- What is the Avidog Platinum Breeder College Membership (ABCM)? This monthly or annual membership is for new and seasoned dog breeders who are looking to make their breeding program the most successful possible, producing healthy, stable pups will taking great care of their stud dogs and brood bitches. ABCM includes Avidog’s FIVE flagship courses, monthly bonuses like this webinar, twice-monthly Q&A calls, weekly office hours, and a private Facebook group only for the ABCM community. If you want to connect with smart, educated, committed dog breeders, join today!